Islam builds on Five Pillars. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path. For Judaism and Christianity, the Ten Commandments form a moral foundation.
Runnism has steps, seven of them.
The Seven Steps of Runnism form the Creed of the Religion of Running.
A true Runnist
- lives life to the fullest
- values long-term health
- understands well-being doesn’t come without sacrifice
- competes only against his or her earlier self
- improves gradually, not overnight
- may occasionally feel pain but seldom suffers
- sees running as a gift, not a burden
Runnism worships physical well-being.